A Merry Rogue

One working Dad's journey to find "healthy".

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekly Update; Week 3 is in the crosshairs

WEEK 2 RECAP
Another week has gone by and I have successfully met my goal of making it to the gym each day during the week.  This week I upped the workout just a bit more than the previous week and felt great.  Due to this, I got sore all over again.  Not as severe as the first time around, but definitely sore.

This week also saw the first week of running three time per week on the treadmill using the Couch to 5K routine as I talked about in Rule #1: Cardio.  Aside from pushing it extra hard in my weights and Kettlebell workouts, this was probably the hardest part of the week.  On the elliptical machine I could go for half and hour to 40 minutes and feel pretty good, but 20 minutes of running on the treadmill was pushing myself further than I had in the previous week.  I am definitely looking forward to the second week of this program.

WEEK 3
For the weights and abs/core workout the only change in the routine is a change from the 5x5 Rep/set to 5-4-3-2-1.  In this Set/Rep format you decrease the amount of reps each set while increasing the weight.  As always, you do as many reps on the last set until failure.  For the Kettlebell portion I will keep up what I did last week and work on pushing it a little harder than before.

The treadmill workout is the, which is the second week of it, is only a simple change from week one.  Instead of 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking, it will be 90 seconds of running and 2 minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.  As I mentioned in the Rule #1: Cardio post, the plan is for 5 minutes of brisk walking for a warmup, then 15 minutes of running/walking.  Since I do my running after my workout I am already warmed up, so I do 20 minutes of running/walking.

This week I will try to do a post describing my weight lifting workout in more detail as well as one on what my nutrition/diet looks like.
Fitness Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: vyk.tyrsson@gmail.com