A Merry Rogue

One working Dad's journey to find "healthy".

Friday, February 10, 2012

Almost there! The End Of The First Month

Are you excited?!  I sure am.  There is just one more workout in my first 4 weeks (today) before the update.  We take a look at what progress I have made in my first month of working towards my goals.

So far I have accomplished one of the goals (so long as I make it to the gym today).  Which is to make it to the gym every day of my planned workout.  So there is one victory.

So what exactly am I expecting once I weigh in and measure myself?  To be honest, not much really.  As I've mentioned in numerous posts up until now, the first thing that happens with a workout plan based on weight lifting is that you gain muscle mass.  So you will see an increase in weight (or your weight will stay the same) up until the 3rd or 4th week.

The other change that will affect the results is that I am no longer able to do any leg workouts due to my knee injury.  Which makes it that much harder to do any type of cardio workout.  By pushing myself on the upper body this week, I was able to get myself sweating pretty good and breathing hard.  Yet I still feel like I am missing something because of the legs being out of the equation.  As I mentioned before, I am not letting that stop me.  I will be smart and let my leg rest until next Wednesday when I can see the doctor and get it looked at.  But I will keep to my workout plan.  There is no reason that I can't work my upper body.

So far I can tell that there is a difference.  Some of my jeans are fitting a little more loosely.  Shirts . . . well for now they are a bit tighter across the chest and arms.  I look better in the mirror than I did at the start of it.  At some point in all of this I may just share the photos that I took at the beginning and will most likely take tomorrow.

Out of all the things that you could take from my blog as a follower I would want it to be this.  The number you see on the scale isn't what you should be focused on.  The number you see on a measuring tape isn't what you should be focusing on.  Results will vary from week to week, month to month.  Regardless of what you see in numbers or in the mirror there is a lot more at play than just any one of those by themselves.  It takes time and effort to see results.  You have to just keep hitting the gym, and keep feeding your body with healthy food in order to see results.

If you haven't yet, make sure to take a look at my posts going back over these past four weeks.  Don't hesitate to leave a comment, ask a question or even share this blog with a friend who may be trying to loose weight.

I follow several blogs of people on this same journey, it encourages me to keep it up.  Maybe I can do the same for them.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: vyk.tyrsson@gmail.com