A Merry Rogue

One working Dad's journey to find "healthy".

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday, Sinatra, Nerf Guns, and Egg Bake

This weekend found my fiance going through the storage closets to reorganize and purge some stuff that we hadn't used in some time.  One of the things that hadn't been unpacked since we moved last August were my son's Nerf guns.  Enough to arm everyone in the house twice over.

Had to make sure they were in easy reach while cooking!
After a very brief Nerf war, it was time to start the cooking for this weeks meals.  As you may recall from the Week 4 Update post, I started pre-making my meals for work.  This weeks cooking started with some Frank Sinatra on the stereo.


For breakfast this week it is another egg bake with an twist from last week.  Mushrooms, onions, kale, spinach, bell peppers, tomatoes, italian seasonings, and italian sausage.  Another difference from last week is the amount that I ended up making.  Turns out the roommates liked the idea and wanted it.  One minus the meat for the fiance, and two with meat for myself and the roommate.  The nice thing is that I did have some my help from my son in cutting up the ingredients.

The egg bake for the boys . . . tasty meat included!


A veggie egg bake for the fiance.









Lunches are yet to be determined.  I have beans, chicken, fish, sweet potatoes, broccoli, a veggie stir fry mix, and the leftovers of the cut up spinach, kale, onions, and bell peppers.  After a bit of icing the knee and writing this post, I'll have to get back into my creative cooking mode and cook up some more awesomeness.

One meal I plan to make again will be a duplicate of Friday night's dinner for my son and I.  Pan fried tilapia seasoned with paprika, garlic and cooked in coconut oil and balsamic vinaigrette.  Steamed broccoli seasoned with olive oil garlic, oregano, sea salt, and pepper.  Mashed sweat potatoes seasoned with sage, rosemary, garlic, sea salt and pepper.


This is the unhealthy food guys eat when the women aren't home. 

Yes, I know!  I haven't posted my update/weigh in yet.  That is because I haven't weighed myself yet.  I did take measurements this morning and found some interesting things, but since I don't have a scale at home I will weigh myself before tomorrow morning's workout and provide the full update after that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: vyk.tyrsson@gmail.com