A Merry Rogue

One working Dad's journey to find "healthy".

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This Week's Menu

It seems to be that along with each weekly update that I post that I am also posting a second one about food for the week.  So I might as well keep it up.

This week's food prep got moved to Monday evening due to schedules and errands that had to be run on Sunday.  This is the second grocery shopping trip in a row now that we have brought home nothing but fresh meat and produce.  Nothing boxed or processed.  Nothing pre-chopped either.  Chopping up veggies and the like are one of those things that I really enjoy doing.

BREAKFAST
We have another egg bake for this week's breakfast.  Slowly I am refining my recipe for it.  If you know me at all in the kitchen, you know that I don't really cook from recipes.  I treat them more as guidelines for the most part.  There isn't anything that I don't deviate from the original and make it my own.  The only real difference from this week's egg back and the past is the seasonings.  I used cajun spices to season the ground turkey as well as after it was all mixed in the pan.  Eggs, kale, spinach, onion, tomatoes, and a bell pepper.

LUNCHES
Sometimes when I enter the kitchen I truly have no idea what I am going to cook for a meal.  I have always enjoyed cooking with fresh foods as well as creating some unconventional meals.  This weeks lunches are products of both of those.

The first lunch is a twist on another meal I had last week.  In the effort to get rid of some of the food that was in our cupboards, my fiance made a spaghetti with a box of whole wheat noodles.  I passed on the noodles, but used the sauce with some chicken and a veggie mix I had made.  Some of the sauce was still left over so I steamed up some broccoli, added the chicken, the sauce and some seasonings.  The sauce still had some of the veggie mix still in it.  It was quite tasty last week and I am looking forward to devouring it.

The second lunch brings us the only picture of the post.  I truly had no idea what to do for this meal and just started pulling out what we had in the fridge.  What I came up with is the following

I call this my "Hot Man Salad"
I really have no explanation other than this:  Chopped kale, spinach, onions, tomatoes, black beans and pinto beans.  I topped all of that with some Mediterranean seasoning and a toasted vinaigrette.  Toss that in the microwave for about a minute and it is truly delicious.  The only change I may make next time around is to add some chopped bell peppers.

DINNERS
We have some very delicious dinners planned for this week.  Our roommate John is planning some very delicious sounding meals and the fiance and I have a few nights where we will be making one kind of awesome meal or another.

THE NEW WORKOUT SCHEDULE
Last night I did the Kenpo X workout . . . and I am not sure that I will do it again.  It was a great workout and I worked up a good sweat.  However, there was just too much twisting and bending of the knee that occurred even with not doing any of the leg movements.  So unfortunately that one will be X'd off the workout schedule (cheesy pun totally intended).

This morning was weights and abs which went great.  I felt like I missed a little on the chest exercise.  Being able to get a decent workout for me is always a bit of a challenge.  Due to a shoulder surgery from my early 20s, the right shoulder tends to give up on me before the chest gets worked entirely.  Slowly, workout by workout, I feel like the shoulder is getting stronger.  Hopefully soon I can walk away from the workout feeling like I've really worked my pecs.

Up tomorrow is X Stretch, Core Synergistics on Thursday, then weights and grip on Friday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: vyk.tyrsson@gmail.com