A Merry Rogue

One working Dad's journey to find "healthy".

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The "Slightly Belated" 2015 Recap


The year that is 2015 was an interesting year for me.  The twins went from "babies" to "toddlers", I changed jobs, our family moved to a place that better fit our family and Friends & Family got married.

It was also the first year that I have really seen significant progress in my journey to get healthy since beginning this blog.  At my heaviest this past year I was 273 . . . 273!!!  Well that is a new high for me I believe.  However I ended the year at 253 for a total loss of 20 pounds.  Nothing drastic or mind blowing, but it is the most weight I have lost since the start of all this (I began this blog at 265).

As I look back, there is a significant amount of things that got me this far.  The first of which is that I began walking on a regular basis.  I started by shooting to hit 10,000 steps each day.  Some days I do, some days I don't, but I get out and walk during some of my breaks at work, as well as to and from the bus each morning.  I believe I began doing this in January or February.

Earlier this year I also started to focus on eating even healthier on a regular basis.  Which started when I read an article over at The Art of Manliness on How to Increase Your Testosterone Naturally.  In this article, the writer talks about how he was over-worked, under slept, stressed, not eating right, not exercising regularly and gaining weight around his mid-section as a result.
. . . sound familiar?  I started following the diet and started walking a little bit more (walking with correct posture and muscle firing, and at a faster pace) and in short order was losing weight.

The biggest problem?  Well neither of these stuck for very long . . . or I should say that I wasn't consistent with them.  I kept it up for a while, then would drop off due to life getting busy, and then jump back on after a month or two off.

The biggest change thus far is that in November my wife and I started a program together from BeachBody called 21 Day Fix.  Doing a program together was one of the biggest pushes we needed to get on track to really getting ourselves healthy again.

So What's Next - 2016?

We have since finished 21 Day Fix (see my results here) and I am now onto Body Beast, and the wife is starting another round of 21 Day Fix and will then be doing a round of The Master's Hammer & Chisel (the newest program from BeachBody).  Which is what I will start once I finish Body Beast.

Between now and August we plan to do 3-4 different programs to eventually get to our end goals.

What I have really like about the programs is that it comes with everything you need to succeed.  Tells you what & how much to eat, and the workouts are pretty intense.  Follow it and you will see results.  While my wife has become a BeachBody Coach, we are not "all about BeachBody".  We have other things we do and love that help keep us fit.  But for right now, BeachBody is what is helping us get there.  If you think you might want to do a BeachBody program, drop me a line and I will be happy to answer any questions (or point you in the right direction).  I mean . . . my wife is a BeachBody Coach . . . yeeeaaahhhh . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: vyk.tyrsson@gmail.com